Whether you’re celebrating your BFF or a co-worker you’ve never socialised with before, it can be tricky figuring out what to write in a baby card beyond “Congratulations!”
We've put together a list of some choice words, and categorised them, to help get those sentimental creative juices flowing…
Scroll down to the following categories:-
- General Congratulatory
- For Co-worker
- For a Close Relative
- Quotes and Poems
1. Simple and heartfelt, these congratulatory messages work well for almost any baby shower or new baby card:
- Congratulations and all the best to your growing family. We are thrilled for you.
- What a lucky baby to have you as a Mum / Dad / Parents!
- Wishing you an easy delivery and a lifetime of happiness!
- I/we can’t wait to meet your bundle of joy.
- Here’s to new adventures! Wishing you luck and love.
- Thanks for inviting us to share in your baby shower celebrations. Warmest congratulations on your impending arrival!
- Here’s to smiles, laughter, patience, and joy. And here’s to the safe arrival of a healthy baby girl or boy.
- Congratulations! Wish you endless love and boundless patience for making your new role as super parents a grand success!
- The littlest feet make the biggest footprints in our hearts. Enjoy this love.
- Funny how such a tiny thing can take up so much space in our hearts. Congratulations on the little one. Here’s to celebrating a new life, a new adventure, and many firsts! Congratulations!
- I’m praying for a safe and healthy delivery for both you and the baby.
- Your baby shower is a celebration I wouldn’t have missed for anything.
- I’m just so excited for you and your growing family!
- May your baby bring you a lifetime of blessings. Congratulations and well wishes on the new beginnings.
- The best thing to spend on your baby is time.
- Enjoy looking after your baby, and don’t forget to pamper yourself.
- May hope, love, joy, wisdom, bliss, and endurance fill your home with the new baby on the way. Congratulations!
2. Because Laughter is just what the doctor/midwife/doula/birth partner ordered, here are some funny messages...
- Enjoy the shower today—it might be the last one you get for a while.
- Remember how we used to stay up all night partying? Consider that your training for a newborn!
- I’ll come over any time to hold your delicious little baby while you take a nap. I don’t charge much!
- Sleep now or forever hold your peace.
- You two were meant to procreate. Congratulations on the new addition!
- Hello, baby. Goodbye, sleep.
- One smile from a baby is worth 1000 nappy changes. You can do this!
- Dear Baby, please do your best to sleep through the night. Love, your Mum’s support crew.
If you happen to know the baby’s gender, it does open up a world of fun possibilities.
- We are tickled pink to welcome your baby girl.
- News of your precious baby girl has us twirling for joy.
- Sugar, spice, and everything nice is coming your way! We’re so excited for you.
- A baby girl is on her way, and I can’t wait to go shopping for her!
- Welcome to your little Princess! Long may she reign!
- We can’t wait to meet Mummy’s mini-me and Daddy’s little girl.
- A bouncing baby boy is cause for celebration. Congratulations!
- Can’t wait to meet your little man!
- Congratulations on your baby boy. Just four more and you’ll have a basketball team!
- He may outgrow your lap, but he’ll never outgrow your heart.
- A baby boy arrives, and just like that, everything changes. The world gets bigger, hearts grow fuller, and life means more because he’s in it.
- Little hands, little feet, and a little trouble are all on the way. Congratulations!
- Oh boy! I can’t wait to meet him.
4. To a Co-Worker or Colleague
Some cheesy messages that allude to your working relationship…without getting too personal.
- Job well done! I/We can’t wait to see pictures of your precious new baby.
- Congratulations on your most amazing project yet. May you both be healthy and happy!
- I’m/We’re thrilled to celebrate the launch of your new venture!
5. For Close relatives
Marking the beginning of a very special relationship.
- It brings us so much joy to welcome our baby’s very own baby.
- We can’t wait to spoil our grandchild/ niece/ nephew.
- In preparation for the birth, I/we have baby-proofed our home and memorised “Guess how much I Love you.”
- Babies don’t come with instruction manuals. That’s why they come with [relative title]. We are here for all of you.
6. Quotes to Write in a Baby Shower Card
Want to wow the parents-to-be? Borrow sentiments from great writers. There are so many to choose from – we’ll let google help you with that one:) That said, here is a well-known poem, “On Children” by Kahlil Gibran, that I have often written out and given to my nearest and dearest. The act of hand writing it each time not only makes it a personal message to the intended recipient, but reinforces its beauty and message for me also.
On Children, by Kahlil Gibran
They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.
You are the bows from which your children
as living arrows are sent forth.
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite,
and He bends you with His might
that His arrows may go swift and far.
Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;
For even as He loves the arrow that flies,
so He loves also the bow that is stable.