Right. So I have no intention of telling any of you how long it's been since I was at primary school but it was several Prime Ministers ago. Heck, we didn't even have names for the generations.
But it was great and I can guarantee that if you went to primary school at the same time, you heard every one of these.
I just wonder how many my kids hear now...
1. "Did you know that if it gets over 40 degrees, school is cancelled?"
2. "Punch buggy!"
3. "Why do cars have seatbelts but the bus doesn't?"
4. "Teachers definitely sleep at school. I saw them once".
5. "I know you are, but what am I?"
6. "Mr John once saw a kid who was rocking on his chair fall back and crack his head open."
7. "I think he's got nits."
8. "Mum's on canteen duty today so I can get free food."
9. "I forgot my hat so we'll have to sit in the shade today."
10. "Gum stays in your stomach for seven years if you swallow it."
11. "I think we're doing the beep test today so I'm gonna pretend I rolled my ankle."
12. "I got to go into the staff room the other day and they have soft drink in there!"
13. "You can copy my homework, just change it a bit so it's not the same."
14. "Who do you like? Can I guess? Is it *lists every person in the grade*."
5. "I forgot to bring something for show and tell... I'll just make something up."
16. "We weren't allowed out at lunch because a dog ran into the school grounds."
17. "Apparently if the teacher doesn't show up in 15 minutes, we're allowed to go home."
What have I missed?